Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wendy's


I have a confession....I have eaten at Wendy's three times in two days. Unfortunately I wouldn't have to confess this if I hadn't been caught red handed by the drive thru lady! Their ham and cheese sandwiches are the only thing that don't make me nauseous, so I eat what's safe. You may ask yourself why don't you just make them yourself? Good question, however when you don't feel good and the husband is out of town going to the grocery store is out of the question. I've also determined that as a pregnant woman when I get hungry you'd better feed me like NOW, not in ten minutes, not after you get finished with something, I mean right NOW!. So time is of the essence when hunger is involved. In my hasty quest for sustenance I decided on eating the same thing twice in one day, Wendy's. Now one would think that there would be no fear of recognition in patronizing an establishment twice in one day. Common sense tells you that there are two different meal shifts; a lunch shift and a dinner shift. With two different people working the drive thru,,I am not so lucky. The same lady working the lunch shift yesterday was the same woman also working the dinner shift. Now again, she probably sees a hundred people each day, how could she possibly remember me, right? Wrong, and here's why. Number one, I have a very distinctive credit card. Number two, their credit card machine thought they were trying to re-run my credit card number. Which, in theory, is really a great safety measure, however in this application, quiet embarrassing. As the card machine declined my card she paused a moment, gazed at my card, took a side glance at me gave her braids a toss and laughed. BUSTED!

her:"I thought I recognized you"

me(sheepishly): "hehehe, ya"

she continued to giggle as she shuffled off to find her manager. Lesson learned. Do not attempt to eat lunch AND dinner from the same restaurant in the same town in the same day. At least have the forethought to drive across town and patronize that Wendy's. Mental note made.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Ha ha! I would advise you to immediately head to Wendy's web site, click on Restaurant Locator and determine the next closest Wendy's in your area! This is better ensure that this won't happen again!

Best of luck with the pregnancy!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Allison said...

That is hilarious!!! I can't imagine the embarassment... I'm sure if you explained it to her she *might* stop giggling for a second.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home