Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Deal or No Deal

Shopping and I are kindred souls; We belong together. Only so much time can pass in between our meetings before I start to twich and loose all control. And like all shopoholics we hide our obsession, we are experts at deception and covering up the signs of our obsession. Unless of course we got a fabulous deal then we feel the need to share this information with every person we meet on the street. Men however, don't understand this obsession, nor do they understand the excitement we feel when we get a great deal. Yesterday was one of those awesome days that fell flat on it's face. I'd had enough of my "normal" jeans being a little too tight and decided that it was time to buy my first pair of pregnancy pants. I'd heard that Old Navy had a decently priced selection of maternity pants. I was hoping to find something that would fit comfortably now and throughout my entire pregnancy but still look cute that I "might" be able to wear them post pregnancy. As I begin browsing Old Navy I noticed they had a lot of selection in the clearance sections, a lot of really NICE selections. And from there it snowballed. One great piece turned into two, which multiplied into four and before I knew it I'd headed over to the men's section where they were having 50% off clearance prices! It was like I'd died and gone to clearance heaven. I was breathing heavy and my heart was beating so fast. It was exhilarating. When it was all said and done I had a wonderful smile on my face, only a moderate dent in my pocketbook and 5 pairs of pants and 4 shirts to show for it. I couldn't wait to tell the husband.

me: "Hey there, guess what I just did."

husband: "Knowing you it could be anything."

me: "I was just over at Old Navy and they had tons of stuff on clearance!"

husband: "I told you, your not allowed in a clearance section without my supervision."

me: "But they had great stuff!"

husband: "How much did you spend?"

me: "Not that much, I got lots of good stuff. They had men's t-shirts for $2!"

husband: "That's nice honey."

me: "Your not excited."

husband: "Not really"

Bummed about the lack of support I was receiving, I decided to console myself with pizza, because pizza fixes everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home