Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Baby doctor day!

It's time for my monthly baby doctor visit. I'm just a teeny bit excited, hoping she'll do another ultrasound and this time the baby will actually resemble a baby instead of the pinto bean it looked like at 6 weeks. I'm also a bit weary, I've got to step on the BIG scale today. I'm hoping the scale won't lie and get me in trouble. I'm only suppose to gain 5-10lbs the entire pregnancy. Is this goal realistic, not really. And of course there's nothing like knocking a relatively confident woman down a peg or two by making her weight herself. However, fat or not fat, every woman is somewhat comfortable with her body. She may not like the fact that her thighs look slightly like cottage cheese, or that her belly is closer to a keg than a six pack, or that her increasing amount of wrinkles can no longer pass as "laugh lines". But there comes a point in our lives when we step back from ourselves, take a deep breath and evaluate where we are in life. Everything we currently have is everything we've always wanted. And we stop caring about how other perceive us, realize that who loves us now is who really matters and start living our lives. We say heck with the stereotype that women must all be one size and decide to enjoy that piece of pie, savor that slice of cake or revel in the taste of that fresh baked cookie. We go out to dinner just because it sounds like a good idea and we set out on a course to enjoy everything life has to offer. For today, I'm just hoping the doctor doesn't yell at me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home