Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'll take one in a floral pattern

It's official, I have gained 4lbs since I got pregnant. I am not happy about this. I thought I was golden, I'd been cruisin' right along, no weight gain. Then last week I went in for a last minute check-up and I'd gain 2lbs since the last time she'd seen me. I kept my appt for today and when they weighted me again, I'd gain ANOTHER 2lbs!! At this rate my dad will be right and I'll be wearing a circus tent by the time I'm 9 mos. I tried to console myself with the thought that eating lunch 10 mins before I was weighted was not the brightest idea I've had, but at most that added a pound. My only saving grace is that next month the BIG u/s is in the morning. No one weights fat in the morning. Yes, I realize that it won't be a "true" weight, but a girl can have small allowances, right? I mean come on you know when you get on the scale and you realize if you lean just slightly left or right you weigh a pound or two less. You know you do it, admit it, we all do it. That's because we're all obsessed with our weight. For example, who here actually has their true weight on their drivers license? No one! Mine still says I weight 130 lbs. HA! ya right! Maybe when I was in high school, playing three sports and working out 2hrs a day five days a week. But every time I go to the BMV and they ask me if anything has changed that I would like to update, I just smile and say no. I mean who really looks at the weight on my drivers license anyway? The only way they'd ever need those vital statistics is if I disappeared, and in that case a recent photo of me will reveal to anyone that I weight no where near 130lbs. I'm sure all the police men would get a real good laugh out of that one. But I don't change it because I like to fool myself into believing that if I REALLY tried I could weight that again, or that I'm just going through a "phase" that I'm trying to rid myself of of my college weight. Ya that's it, it's the freshman 15 hanging around and then another 15 for each year I was in college, then I've got the newlywed 9 on top of that, and lets just throw another 20 in for feeling comfortable in my own body. Ya that's about right, not pretty but it's about right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home