Thursday, January 25, 2007

Still catching up

Talk to many mom's and they'll tell you one of the best things about being pregnant is feeling their little one move and squirm inside them. They love the feeling and love that it is a shared moment just between them. I also enjoy the movements, sometimes they tickle and make me smile, other times it feels like he's spread-eagle and rearranging my internal organs. However, by all accounts it is simply awe inspiring. Lucy the cat however, is completely terrified.

Lucy is my extremely affectionate stray that I took in over a year ago. Her hobbies include, terrorizing Fred the basset, making Riley the abnormally large tabby jealous and scaling large pieces of furniture in a single bound. Her favorite past time is curling up on my belly and taking a "cat nap". This has become increasingly difficult in recent months as my belly has increased in size forcing her to take her naps half on half off my belly. However, after a couple of weeks ago, she avoids my belly like the plague.

We were both comfy cozy snuggling on the couch watching whatever nerd show annoyed the husband the most, when Tyler began his usual 6:30pm acrobatic session. However, instead of it being a shared moment between just he and I, he apparently enjoyed Lucy's incessant purring that vibrated my belly, and began thumping and poking in response. The movement startled her so much that she jumped up, backed into a corner of the couch and twitched her tail feverishly. For a split moment I pictured her pouncing with claws extended confusing Tyler's movements with a mouse, but thankfully she spared me that pain and simply chose to nap on my feet instead.

Since this occurrence she has not returned to her nap spot perched atop my belly, and perhaps she never will. However, just wait till Tyler gets here and he grabs her tail with a sticky hand. Should be tons of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home